Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I have learned WAY too much this week.

3 Most Important things I've learned:

1. del.icio.us--this will make life so much easier and make me better able to manage my resources.

2. blogs--Using blogs in class will fit in so smoothly in my C.A. class as I am constantly having my students reflect on what they're learning or reading about. I also like to have them discuss in small groups, and I think having them comment on one another's blogs will be a more effective way to encourage those students who don't necessarily share as much out loud, but may be OK writing about it.

3. pageflakes/flickr--Pageflakes will just be a wonderful way to manage my time and get information that I don't have to waste my time searching for, and that I, quite honestly, wouldn't search for. I will become a more knowledgeable person for having done that.

flickr--I am most excited about using flicker as a personal tool for fun. I figure once I master that I will begin to play around with using it as a tool for the classroom, but for now I look forward to just playing with it for fun.

One thing I really would like to learn more about is flickr since I really don't know much about it.

I started out the day extremely frustrated, and am ending the day feeling much better and more hopeful. I am feeling a bit anxious not knowing when our unit plan is due. I wish we would've been told that from day 1.

4 comments:

Sue said...

No need to feel anxious about your unit plan. If you are taking this class for credit, you need to have a draft of the unit plan done within a week to complete the requirements for the course... Notice it is only a draft. If you look in your grant booklet in your folder -- the one we will go over on Friday -- you will see that you need to have your actual unit plan created, used with at least one class, assessed, and reflected upon by sometime in December. So this week work on getting the basics down - you can refine the unit before teaching it.

So have fun tomorrow with flickr... hope it is a stress free day!

Kristin said...

Thanks so much for the info, Susan. It makes me feel much better knowing that it's just a draft of the unit plan that will be due for this class, and I'm glad I know we have 1 week to complete it. I will just try to have fun with flickr today and try not to get stressed! :)

Anna said...

Kristin,
Remember that I'm also around and can support you as you work these tools in your classroom. I see so much potential for using flickr in your classroom for a variety of writing activities. Blogs will also be an excellent way to excite your students into writing too. I can't wait to work with you on some of these of these projects.

Kristin said...

Thanks Anna! You really are a fount of knowledge, so I know I will be using you as a resource. I'd also love to learn about flickr from you since I wasn't here in the afternoon yesterday. This year will be a jumping point for me, I'm hoping, to really get into using all these tools to help the students really get more involved in the learning process. This will be something to really grab/hold their attention I think and keep them teaching one another.